4 Days of Dirty Tricks - Making More With Microbes, with Doug Weatherbee, The Soil Doctor
July 5, 6, 7, 8, 2012
Offered By - Genesis Permaculture
#608, 2910 - 109 Street
Contact Person - Michael Victoria Moore
Phone - 403.923.5090
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address - soilsista.blogspot.ca
Course Fee - $499.00 per person
Course Format - 4 Day Workshop with theory and hands-on participation
Course Location - Jasper Place Composite High School, Edmonton Alberta
Course Instructor(s) - Doug Weatherbee, The Soil Doctor
Course Description -
For online registration, please click on the EventBrite link: http://makingmorewithmicrobes.eventbrite.ca
Soil Workshop providing land management practices virtually any landowner can integrate, leading to improvements in soil moisture, microbiology, and most importantly, crop yield and productivity
Get your hands dirty and learn the essentials of soil microbiology and composting to help boost your next crop and regenerate the health of your soil
If you are a...
• Professional, Hobby or SPIN Gardener looking to create a sustainable, fertile system for densely planted, high yield systems
• Farmer, Rancher, owner of an Orchard or Vineyard who is looking to water less, improve yields and reduce your dependency on industrial fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides
• Landscape Architect, Environmental Consultant or Land Reclamation Specialist who wants to increase soil fertility, regenerate topsoil and establish plants quickly after large site disturbances
• Permaculture Practitioner looking to expand your knowledge in integrated system design, this course will help establish your guilds, food forests and perennial agriculture systems faster with more disease resistance and nutrient cycling ability.
...you should take this workshop!
In 4 Days with the Soil Doctor, you will learn how to enhance your soil and truly gain a better understanding of the basics of soil microbiology; walking away with valuable tools and techniques to help turn your soil into rich and fertile ground through composting, compost teas and extracts. This Seminar will introduce land management practices virtually any landowner can integrate, leading to improvements in soil moisture, microbiology, and most importantly, crop yield and productivity
“Essentially, all life depends upon the soil … There can be no life without soil and no soil without life; they have evolved together.” - Charles E. Kellogg, USDA Yearbook of Agriculture, 1938
What are the benefits of creating a healthy Soil Food Web?
Increased water holding capacity
• Improved uptake of nutrients by plants
• Disease resistance
• Higher fertility rates
• Less compaction
• Reduced weed presence